Sustainable Packaging Solutions
Sustain: To keep in existence, maintain
As time passes, the urgency to implement sustainable packaging solutions continues to grow. Tightening market conditions are continually putting premiums on the cost of traditional packaging. Finding sources of alternative, renewable packaging will be crucial to success and profitability of your business. Crown Packaging is ready, willing and able to partner with you in that search and has the ability to help you implement sustainable packaging solutions.
Definition of Sustainable Packaging from the Sustainable Packaging Coalition:
- Is beneficial, safe and healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle
- Meets market criteria for performance and cost
- Is sourced, manufactured, transported and recycled using renewable energy
- Maximizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials
- Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices
- Is made from materials healthy in all probable end of life scenarios
- Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy
- Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial cradle to cradle cycles
Taken from the "Field Guide to Sustainable Packaging" by Steve Sterling.
Click Here for more info on the Sustainable Packaging Coalition.
How Can Crown Packaging Help?
Some products and methods Crown Packaging offers to help you make your packaging solution more sustainable:
- Biodegradable Stretch Film and Air Pillows
- Strapping made from recycled plastic bottles
- 100% Recycled Corrugated and Paperboard
- Laminated Paperboard capable of replacing wooden crates
- Stretch film down gauging
- Replacing one-use products with reusable products.
Contact Us today to inquire how we can help you with your sustainable packaging solutions.